Thursday, August 26, 2010

Some new Silks _Imitation Pastels

The following is a square silk piece that is a beginning to a landscape. I am still working on the print and find this piece so precious that it is becoming difficult for me to tackle it to finish. I will snap a photo as soon as it is complete, but for now this is a work in progress:
You can click on the image to see a zoomed in view of the detail.


My process has branched out onto printing on textiles. The effects that can be had thro

ugh this process is both fascinating and frustating, For one, there is no shortage of outcomes and as my prints progress so will my color combinations and ultimate outcome. On the other end, I am still experimenting to create desired designs and images that can convey a scene, say a landscape or an environment. Above is overhead view of a small town with roads and homes.


I have been dipping fabric into different batches of colors, sometimes twisting and tying the fabric to achieve different shapes.

"blue orange landscape"

"blue orange landscape"
and
"courtyard of layered towns"
(in detail)







This is a detail of the blue orange landscape




























No comments:

Post a Comment